Tuesday 12 June 2012

Spin Cycle

Damned illness!  Just when you think you have it figured out, it comes and bites you on the arse again.

Had a drive over to an Ikea last week, so we're looking at a 3 hour round trip plus a couple in there.  Felt a bit weary, a little bit fuzzy, but not overly bad that night.  Following day felt really rough and got some major trigger alerts that a spin might be on its way – you know, fullness of hearing, impossible to ignore tinnitus, feeling flushed.  That night it hit me with a bang – fortunately I was lying down and not standing up, but it was my worst spin for a year or more and it went on, too.

This was followed by the inevitable day of feeling light-headed and really ill, and then a day of feeling completely shattered.

So half a day of doing something relatively normal followed by 3 days of feeling dreadful.  I can't be sure that the spin cycle was a direct result of my drive and walk around Ikea, but it's a bit of a coincidence if not.

Looking back, I'm trying to figure out if I was in the right shape to go out when I did, but I think I was as OK as I ever am these days, and the drive wasn't much more than I do 3 days a week when I go into the office.  Perhaps there's no point in trying to work it through.  Maybe it's just a case of accepting it for what it was and moving on.

Damned illness!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I find if I do anything "extra" there will be repercusions for the following few days
It's a case of staying at home and doing very little, or trying to live a "normal" life, knowing you might pay for it afterwards.
I've done too much of the former, so now try to avail myself of any opportunities whenever possible